Special Weather Statement in place for the Cowichan areaNovember 03, 2022
Special Weather Statement in place for the Cowichan area:
• Heavy rain and strong winds Thursday night and Friday.
» Total Rainfall: 30 to 70 mm.
• Wind speeds: Southeasterly 40 to 60 km/h gusting to 80.
• When: Thursday night and Friday. ?
High Stream Adyisory in place for the Cowichan area:
• River levels are expected to rise Thursday for the Central Coast, Thursday into Friday for Vancouver
Island, and Friday for the South Coast. Current forecasting indicates the potential for rivers to reach 2-
year return period flows in areas.
• The public is advised to stay clear of the fast-flowing rivers and potentially unstable riverbanks during
the high-streamflow period.
For more information please click on the link below: